Roasted Broccoli is one of my favorite side dishes for dinner because it’s so healthy, simple and delicious. My whole family prefers to eat broccoli roasted instead of boiled. The flavof of Roasted Broccoli is slightly bitter sweet and adding a little hot chili flakes makes this zesty with a little heat.
Take 4 cups of raw broccoli florets and toss them with a couple of tablespoons of your favorite olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon or so of crushed red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you like it, salt, pepper and about a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder. Roast it all in the oven at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Flip the broccoli over at about 8 minutes into the roasting time so the broccoli gets browned on each side. If you like you can add some fresh grated Parmesan cheese in the last few minutes of roasting.
If you have any left over Roasted Broccoli add it to some pasta, you’ll be happy that you did! Here’s the recipe for ROASTED BROCCOLI PASTA
Roasted Broccoli is also great for HEALTHY, guilt free snacking.
- 4 cups of raw broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese - optional
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees
- Toss the broccoli in the olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and garlic powder and spread it on the foil lined sheet tray in one layer
- Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir and flip the broccoli around about 8 minutes in so the broccoli gets browned on each side
- Add the fresh grated Parmesan cheese in the last 3 minutes of roasting.