You should make this Pavlova recipe! Pavlova is a delicious dessert that combines an easy to make simple meringue shell, whipped cream and cooked or raw fruit.
This dessert is reported to be named after Anna Pavlova a Russian ballet dancer created in her honor in New Zealand. She must have been an incredible talent to inspire this amazing dessert
You can bake one large Pavlova but I like to make individual ones. I just think it’s nicer to have your own pretty treat rather than cutting a piece of a large one.
HERE’S ANOTHER MERINGUE RECIPE I THINK YOU WOULD LIKE
I made this Pavlova recipe with berries mixed with jam but you can use a variety of fruit toppings. Slices of fresh kiwi would be great with this as would poached pears or roasted apples.
- 3 egg whites
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 and ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (Optional)
- WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- BERRY MIXTURE
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Beat the egg whites in a mixer until its a little foamy
- Add the salt and cream of tarter
- Beat the egg whites on medium speed and slowly stream in the sugar. Once all the sugar has been added add the vanilla, increase the speed to high and beat for 2-3 minutes
- On a parchment lined sheet pan spoon the meringue into a inch circle or pipe (or spoon) the egg whites into 4 inch diameter circles for individual servings.
- Bake for one and a half hours let cool before serving
- Beat the heavy cream with the powdered sugar until it forms stiff peaks
- Spoon the whipped cream on top of the meringue shell
- Mix the fresh berries with the raspberry jam and spoon on top
Pavlova Recipe Meringue Dessert