This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AwakenYourTastebuds #CollectiveBias
This super crunchy cereal cookies recipe is perfect for your Star Wars™ viewing party!
I’ve been busy baking super crunchy cereal cookies in preparation for a BIG weekend we’re having. We’re taking the family on a movie buff retreat in honor of the release of a very special movie. I’ve been a huge fan of Star Wars™ since I was a teen, the first film I ever went back to see twice in theaters was part of the Star Wars™ series. My husband enjoys the movies as much as I do so we’ve had several movie date nights involving Star Wars™ films and now it’s time to introduce our kids to the franchise. Lucky for us we’ve found our tribe of SciFi movie lovers. You may remember me talking about our monthly SciFi movie nights in this post
Find even MORE ideas to #AwakenYourTastebuds here!
The SciFi movie crew is SUPER EXCITED about the upcoming release of the latest movie in the Star Wars™ franchise. We’re so excited that we’ve planned an extended weekend retreat to the North Georgia Mountains with our families to view the ALL of the previous Star Wars™ movies.
Five couples are taking this trip with a total of 9 kids in tow so we divided up the meal and movie snack preparation duties. I chose to prepare Sunday dinner and movie snacks. I stopped into Walmart to pick up some much needed supplies.
Star Wars™ cereals and Star Wars™ Go-Gurt® fit perfectly into our movie marathon weekend. We had a wide variety of ages to please, the kids ranged from 5 to 15 (my kids we’re the oldest on the trip). I let my teens guide the younger kids in making a sweet/salty snack mix with pretzels, Star Wars™ Honey Nut Cheerios® and freeze dried fruit
Before we left for the mountains I baked some super crunchy cereal cookies using Star Wars™ cereal. I’m kind of glad the bad guy got his own cereal…he was always one of my favorite characters. I guess his redemption story touches my heart.
There’s crushed cereal in the cookie dough and then the dough is rolled in cereal for extra crunch. I like to place the colorful marshmallows on top of the cookies and press them into the dough.
Are you as EXCITED about the new Star Wars™ movie as I am? Do you have your tickets yet? Let me know your favorite Star Wars™ memories and characters in the comments below.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (one stick) softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup of cereal crushed into fine bits ( should be about ½ cup after crushing)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of cereal to roll the cookie dough in
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar
- Add the flour, crushed cereal and salt to the butter sugar mixture and stir to combine
- Pour remaining 2 cups of cereal in a shallow dish
- Drop scoops of cookie dough into cereal in the shallow dish and roll the dough in the cereal
- Flatten the cookies slightly into a disk about 1-1/2 inches wide by ⅓ inch high
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, space cookies 2 inches apart
- Bake for 11-13 minutes
super crunchy cereal cookies