This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenTheSpread #CollectiveBias
Do you want to be the real MVP of your big game party? OF COURSE YOU DO! Just follow these 5 EASY Steps to a FANTASTIC Super Bowl Bash and you’ll be on your way! Serve up delicious food and fun for your guests and they are GUARANTEED to vote you “Most Valuable Player”
1. Start with the FOOD! A couple of easy make ahead dishes are the best way to host a stress free party. For my gathering I stopped by Target to pick up the things I needed to feed my guests. The day before the party I made a Vegan Noodle Salad LOADED with healthy shredded vegetables. This recipe is as easy as boiling water, LITERALLY. I just boiled some water to cook the whole wheat noodles, drained them and tossed them with some pre-shredded veggies and sauce. That’s it! DONE! It doesn’t get easier than that.
Check out the Target Cartwheel Collection from 1/17-2/6 for EVERYTHING you need for your Super Bowl Bash!
We’re also having a “Build your own Tostada bar” with shredded cheese, salsa, corn tostadas and all the toppings I bought bought while shopping at Target.
Make some easy SWEET TREATS. No concession stand is complete without candy so we thought of a few ways to get creative with it. This was a great way to get the family involved in party planning, who doesn’t love to to invent ways to make delicious Super Bowl snacks? Snickers, Skittles and Starburst are Official Sponsors of Super Bowl 50 so they are the perfect choice to include in your party.
2. SKITTLE BRITTLE! Yes Skittle Brittle, this was one of the creations that came about during our family party planning brainstorming session. My husband shouted it out and I knew we had to make it. I used Original Skittles as well as Skittles Wild Berry flavor and mini pretzels for this recipe. I like it with unsalted pretzels and my daughter liked it with salted pretzels so we did some of each
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and put your pretzels on it. Place Skittles in the openings and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. You just want the Skittles to start to burst so they’ll stick to the pretzels.
3. Another sweet treat are these Fun Size Snickers Cheesecake hand pies. This is another easy recipe with just a few simple steps, the full recipe is below. The Fun Size Snickers and cream cheese melt together inside the pastry dough to give you a nutty, creamy treat.
Roll out your pie dough, either homemade or store bought. Cut out the bases of the mini pies with a cookie cutter and brush with beaten egg. Place a teaspoon of whipped cream cheese on the base and top it with a Fun Size Snickers bar.
Top with more pie dough and cut out the pie. Seal the edges, brush the tops with beaten egg and chill the pies
Bake, let cool and serve
4. Decorate! Hand made banners are a fun way to show off your team colors. I use blue and white to celebrate my favorite team even thought they have no chance of going all the way this season. Better luck next time “Big Blue Wrecking Crew”.
To make the tassel banner I used bunches of white and blue streamers cut into one foot lengths, tied together with twine.
I also made banners with the bags from the candy for a fun pop of color and whimsy. I simply cut the front of the package off and taped the back to some twine.
5. GAMES. Things can get a little slow while the refs are reviewing plays so keep things moving with some fun games.
Did you make paper footballs when you were a kid? We recycled the Skittles bags into “footballs” and use our fingers as the uprights.
Can you flick the football between the uprights for the extra point?
A little football trivia is fun too. Here’s a list of questions to test the football knowledge of your guests. Here’s a printable version
How to you Target YOUR sweet tooth? Let me know in the comments below and visit Targetyoursweettooth.com for more fantastic ideas
- 10 Fun Size Snickers Bars
- 2 packages of pre-made pie dough (4 sheets total)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- Roll out 1 sheet of pie dough.
- With the cookie cutter cut out 10 (or as many as you can) pieces of pie dough
- Brush each piece of pie dough with egg wash
- Place 1 teaspoon of whipped cream cheese on each piece of pie dough
- Place 1 Fun Size Snickers Bar on top of each scoop of cream cheese.
- Top with another piece of pie dough and trip it to fit.
- Press the edges down to seal with a fork
- Brush with beaten egg and place on top of a parchment lined sheet pan
- Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes
- Let cool slightly and serve
5 EASY Steps to a FANTASTIC Super Bowl Party