This DELICIOUS sheet pan chicken and vegetable dinner gets dinner on the table without any fuss. I use chicken leg/thigh quarters well seasoned with granulated garlic, salt, pepper and thyme. Rosemary would be a tasty addition to this recipe as well. If you like you can use a cut up whole chicken if you like white meat.
This is a healthy and budget friendly dinner that is dinner party worthy. The potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts cook in the chicken juices to absorb all the flavor and become savory and tender.
Sheet pans are an essential tool in the kitchen, I use them for everything from baking cookies to roasting meats. It’s important to have large (these are 13×18 inches with 1 inch high sides), sturdy sheet pans that can stand up the the weight of a full dinner like this. Make sure you use a heavy sheet pan with sides like this one. You can order these at Amazon through this Amazon affiliate link >> http://amzn.to/1rIsssx
I hope you give this sheet pan chicken and vegetable dinner a try. What vegetables would you use to make this recipe your own?
- 4 chicken leg thigh quarters or 1 whole chicken cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 teaspoons of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- FOR THE VEGETABLES
- 2 russet potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 1 red onion
- 3 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 10 ounces of Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, granulated garlic and thyme.
- Coat the chicken with canola oil
- Let this sit in the refrigerator overnight if you have time. If you don't have time, let the seasoned chicken remain at room temperature while you prepare the vegetables (no more than 45 minutes)
- Wash the potatoes but don't peel them. Cut them into quarters
- Peel the carrots and cut into 3 large pieces
- Slice the onion
- All the vegetables including the onion and garlic to the sheet pan, toss with 1 tablespoon of canola oil, season with salt and pepper and place in one layer on the sheet pan,
- Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 425 degrees
- Remove the aluminum foil and cook for another 30-40 minues