This quick and delicious recipe post for Chicken Fajitas and Chili Lime Rice is sponsored by Sanderson Farms.
This recipe is quick and delicious and perfect for a weeknight meal. No advance prep is necessary but you can let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours if you like, that will just enhance the flavors. But I think I’m getting ahead of myself.
We’re making chicken fajitas with chili lime rice. All you need for the fajitas are some chicken breasts or thighs, peppers, onions and spices. Make dinner even easier by serving this on tortillas but I decided to make some chili, lime rice to go with it tonight.
First I made the rice in my rice cooker which I love, just set it and forget it. I rinsed my long grain white rice and put it in the rice cooker with water, lime juice comma Sazon and a can tomatoes with hot chilis. The rice cooks in about 25 minutes
Next i got the chicken going. Just slice up your chicken breast, and mix it with sliced peppers onions and oil as well as your seasoning blend. Cook it in batches in a hot cast iron skillet and you’re good to go.
Love chicken? Try this OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE!
I love using Sanderson Farms chicken because the don’t add any additional sodium like some other brands do. This makes it much easier to control the sodium content in my meals and I find that really important.
Since the chicken breast is sliced up and cooked really fast and hot skillet. I love to use cast iron because you can heat it without worrying about warping the pan. The chicken already has oil on it the marinade so it can go straight into the hot skillet, you cook it like a stir fry. Do this in batches so that the chicken gets seated and doesn’t steam.
That’s it! Serve this with a side salad if you like and dinner is DONE! The leftover chicken fajitas make great quesadillas too.
Visit Sanderson Farms on Facebook for more great recipes and tips.
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 4 and ½ cups of water
- one 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes with chilles (original or hot)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 packet Sazon seasoning
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 red onion
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons canola or other neutral flavored cooking oil
- Rinse the rice and drain it
- Put the rice, water can of Rotel tomatoes, lime juice and sazon in a pot
- Bring the rice to a simmer
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes
- OR cook the rice in the rice cooker and adjust the rice and water measurements to the rice cookers directions
- Slice the chicken, onions and red bell pepper into strips
- Add oil salt, pepper, paprika, oregano and granulated garlic and mix together
- Place a skillet over medium high heat and stir fry the chicken in batches until done
- Serve the chicken over rice
Chicken Fajitas and Chili Lime Rice