Pineapple Chicken Tacos
Make these Pineapple Chicken Tacos for a quick and DELICIOUS dinner that’s great for any night of the week.
I just LOVE CHICKEN THIGHS! I love ’em! They cook up so plump and juicy all the time and they pair well with so many flavors. This time I combined Sanderson Farms chicken thighs with pineapples, soy sauce, peppers and onions for a quick stir fry and for Pineapple Chicken Tacos. Thanks to Sanderson Farms for sponsoring this post, I’m always happy to come up with delicious, new recipes to share.
I make this recipe with a small can of diced pineapple. I use canned pineapple so that I can combine the juice from the can with soy sauce, spices and cornstarch for a sweet and tangy sauce.
The Sanderson Farms Facebook page has lots of great recipes and tips, check it out.
I use a wide, shallow pan so that I can cook everything in one batch. I sauteed the onion and pepper in a bit of canola oil until they soften. Then add in the chopped chicken thighs and cook until they have browned on both sides.
Sanderson Farms 100% natural chicken has no added salts as many other chicken brands do. This helps me better control the sodium levels in the finished dish since my stir fry sauce contains soy sauce. It’s important to me to watch out for hidden added salts when creating a recipe, I pay close attention to the labels.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the pan. Bring this to a simmer until the sauce has thickened and the chicken has cooked through.
I use my handy julienne peeler to make quick work of this carrot. You can find it on Amazon through this affiliate link
Then I gave my family a couple of options for how they could have it. One choice was to make a noodle bowl. I soaked some rice noodles in water for an easy addition to the stir fry and topped it with shredded fresh carrots and some slices of fresh cucumber for delicious crunch.
I think the best way to eat these (and definitely my family’s favorite way to eat the pineapple chicken) is to make Pineapple Chicken Tacos. I usually keep a package or two of flour tortillas in the pantry for quick taco and quesadilla making. The sweet and tangy sauce, plump chicken and crunchy fresh vegetables make a fantastic taco.
You can also pile this on top of a bed of fluffy rice for another variation of this dish. What other ways can you think of to serve this pineapple chicken stir fry? Please let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
- 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2-5 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounce can of diced pineapple
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4-6 flour tortilla
- 8 ounces of rice noodles (soaked)
- Cut onion and pepper into strips
- Saute in canola oil until softened
- Cut chicken thighs into 1 inch chunks.
- Add additional oil to the pan if necessary and saute the chicken until browned on both sides
- Combine soy sauce, the drained juice from the pineapples (toss the pineapple pieces into the stir fry)
- Grate (or chop) the garlic and ginger with a microplane and add to the sauce.
- Add red pepper flakes and cornstarch and stir to combine
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the chicken and vegetables
- Simmer until the sauce has thickened and the chicken has cooked through
- Serve with flour tortillas or rice noodles, sliced cucumbers and shredded carrots