Instant Pot Thai Inspired Low Carb Beef Noodle Soup. Cutting carbohydrates down is fast easy with a pressure cooker and low carb shirataki noodles.
I’m living the low carb life folks! That’s right, its time for me to drop a few pounds (well more than a few) and for me cutting the carbs is the easiest way for me to do it. I’ve been eating low carb for just over a week now and so far I’ve dropped 8 pounds. Delicious recipes like this make it easy to stick to a diet.
I started with a beef blade roast. it’s a cut from the shoulder which is a tough cut of meat that normally takes a long time to cook. That’s where the pressure cooker comes in. All I did was cut the meat into cubes, brown it on the saute setting in the Instant Pot Pressure cooker,
add chicken stock, ginger and fish sauce. Then I set the Instant Pot pressure cooker to the beef, stew setting – the Instant Pot takes about 10 minutes to come up to pressure, then it cooks for 35 minutes and you get incredibly tender beef. Once the beef is cooked set the Instant Pot back to saute, add vegetables and shirataki noodles and there you have it. A delicious, Instant Pot Thai Inspired Low Carb Beef Noodle Soup on a weeknight.
Many people are afraid they won’t be able to enjoy noodles on a low carb diet, rest assured you can. I prefer the Miracle Noodle brand of Shirataki Noodles but it’ hard to find in stores lately. Here’s a link to check it out on Amazon.
- 4 pound beef shoulder blade roast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon 5 spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cups fish sauce
- 1 large head of bok choy
- 1 head of napa cabbage
- 2 packages of Shriataki noodles
- 3 scallions
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- Cut the beef into one and a half inch cubes.
- Blend the salt, pepper, 5 spice powder and ginger.
- Toss the beef cubes in the spice mixture
- Set the the Instant pot to saute, once it gets hot add the beef and brown it in two batches
- Pour in the chicken broth, add the ginger and fish sauce
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot
- Set the Instant Pot to Beef, Stew and let it cook
- Chop up the bok choy, Napa cabbage and scallions
- When the beef is finished and the timer goes off , vent the steam and remove the lid
- Set the Instant Pot to saute
- Add the bok choy, Napa cabbage and white part of the scallion and simmer for 5 minutes
- Drain and rinse the shirataki noodles and add them to the Instant Pot. Simmer for 2 minutes
- Serve the soup with a garnish of cilantro, the green part of scallions and sprouts