Grilled Mango Chicken Rolls – I’ve partnered with #SandersonFarms to bring you a healthy and delicious party appetizer recipe.
A little sweet, a little salty this appetizer recipe is full of lean, healthy protein, fruits and vegetables. Thinly sliced chicken breast wrapped around prices of mango, green pepper, cucumber and scallions grilled and brushed with homemade teriyaki sauce makes a tasty appetizer or even a light dinner.
For food safety purposes I use a green cutting board for fruits and vegetables and a red cutting board for raw meats. This habit helps reduce the chances of cross contamination in the kitchen.
I love using Sanderson Farms natural, no salt added chicken. For more great recipes visit Sanderson Farms website
Roll the chicken breast slices around the julienned veggies then secure with a toothpick or skewer. Cut into serving pieces and grill, sauté or roast the chicken rolls until fully cooked then brush them with teriyaki sauce.
- Teriyaki Sauce ingredients below
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup Apple juice
- ½ brown sugar
- Chicken Rolls Ingredients
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 mango
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 5 scallions/green onions
- Use a large sauce pan, at least 4 quarts because this sauce can boil over easily. Simmer the Soy sauce, Apple juice and brown sugar in a sauce pan for 5-8 minutes until it has thickened and becomes syrupy. Set aside until the chicken rolls are ready
- Julienne the cucumber, mango, green pepper and scallion. Reserve until ready to use
- Slice the chicken breast into thin planks about ¼ inch thick
- Place the sliced fruits and vegetables on the chicken planks
- Roll up the chicken pieces and skewer them
- Grill, sauté or roast until fully cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan
- Brush with teriyaki glaze and cook for just 30 seconds to a minute longer