Lemon Butter Pound Cake
This recipe for Lemon Butter Pound Cake makes enough to share…but you don’t have to share if you don’t want to!
I hope you’re hungry because this recipe makes three 8 inch loaves. Two to keep and one to give away….maybe! It’s perfect for holiday baking, this pound cake makes a great gift.
Start with fresh lemon
The zest and juice of fresh lemon gives great flavor and bright zing to this cake. There’s no substitute for fresh squeezed lemon juice, fresh is best.
Serving suggestion for Lemon Butter Pound Cake
I love to serve this recipe for Lemon Butter Pound Cake with Greek Yogurt, raspberry jam, and fresh berries. It makes a festive presentation and delicious dessert.
You might also like to try my Sweet Potato Pecan Pie recipe
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- ¾ cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 pound salted butter, softened (4 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Spray three 8 inch loaf pans with baking spray and line them with parchment paper
- Zest and juice the lemon. Stir 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and vanilla extract into the milk. Set aside for later use. The milk will begin to look curdled but it’s supposed to.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment beat together the butter, salt, and lemon zest. Beat for 5 minutes on medium-high.
- Add the sugar gradually beating on medium until light yellow in color. (Around 5 minutes)
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Sift the flour.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the flour alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with flour. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- After all ingredients have been added, beat on low speed for 1 minute to be sure the flour has been fully incorporated.
- Divide evenly between the pans
- Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes back clean.
- Let cool in the pans 15 minutes before removing