May is National Burger Month and Chef Russell Booth, Executive Chef of Hard Rock international helps us celebrate with some great burger making tips. Check out the video below and learn about Hard Rock Cafe’s World Burger Tour. Here are a few examples of what the Hard Rock Cafe has in store for us:
- Haggis Burger – this Scottish Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with savory haggis, melted Monterey Jack cheese, golden turnip straws and a whisky maple glaze
- The Schnitzel Burger – this German Legendary features two stacks of tender pork schnitzel lightly breaded and made crispy to order, topped with crunchy sauerkraut, spicy brown mustard and savory bacon
- The Aussie Burger – this Australian Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with caramelized onions, a fried egg, Cheddar cheese, crispy bacon and beetroot
- Banh Mi Burger – this Vietnamese Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with house-made Vietnamese glaze, pickled vegetables and cucumbers accompanied by a garnish of cilantro and green onions
- Marimba Burger – this Guatemalan Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with a chipotle and jalapeño spiced layer of beans, fresh salsa, a blend of cheeses and crispy tortilla straws
Get creative with your burgers by adding lots of healthy veggies as toppings. Put an entire garden on your burger, don’t limit yourself to lettuce and tomato. Try a different type of pickled vegetable like pickled okra for a delicious change of pace. You can even make your own condiments by making spiced carrot puree and spreading it on your bun.
Try using a different protein, like ground lamb, to make your burger. Mix a little garlic, cayenne and paprika into the meat for a great spicy taste.
How do you jazz up your burger? What’s your favorite recipe?