This Honey Lime Glazed Salmon recipe rivals any you would find in a fine restaurant and it’s pretty simple to make. The sweet honey glaze caramelizes when you broil the salmon giving the fish a beautifully rich color and flavor.
I rub both sides of skinless salmon fillets with a seasoning blend containing salt, pepper, granulated garlic and smoked paprika. Smoked paprika is one of my favorite spices adding a bit of smokiness without having to fire up a grill. A little fresh lime zest and juice adds brightness and acidity to wake up the flavors in the fish.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Bourbon Brined Salmon
When choosing fish it’s a good idea to check the Seafood Watch website if you are concerned about choosing sustainable seafood. They provide tons of information about how fish varieties are caught or farmed. They also have a handy app in case you’re out at the store and need a little info.
If you’re not a fan of salmon, cod is a good alternative. Cod is a thick white fish with a mild flavor that easily accepts the added spices and seasonings.
PAIRS WELL WITH: Shirataki Noodles with Garlic and Greens
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime - zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Pat the salmon fillets as dry as possible with paper towels
- Combine smoked paprika, granulated garlic, pepper and salt. Season both sides of the salmon fillets with this seasoning blend
- Rub both sides of each salmon fillet with honey and sprinkle the tops with lime zest
- Heat the canola oil in the oven proof skillet over medium heat
- Add the salmon fillets and cook for 3 minutes
- Turn the broiler on, place the skillet in the oven and broil the salmon for another 3-4 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice
Honey Lime Glazed Salmon