Spinach Dip Baked Eggs
Spinach Dip Baked Eggs! Farm fresh eggs and zesty spinach dip, two great things that make each other GREATER!
Thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze out as much water as you can (bonus points for using the spinach water in a smoothie or pasta dish)
Saute the onions, scallions and garlic in oil. Add the spinach, lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook, stirring to remove any liquid left.
Mix in the softened cream cheese, shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses
Make six indentations in the spinach mixture with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each indentation. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the egg whiles are set.
SERVE the Spinach Dip Baked Eggs
Serve with toasted bread and ENJOY these spinach dip baked eggs for breakfast or brunch!
- 24-28 ounces of frozen, chopped spinach
- 1 onion
- 4-5 scallions
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite toast
- 6 large eggs
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze the water out
- Chop the onion and scallions and saute them in oil until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Chop the garlic and stir it into the pan with the onions for about 1 minute
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper and lemon juice and saute for 5 minutes more
- Stir in the cheeses and cook until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes
- Turn the heat off
- With the back of a spoon, make 6 indentations in the spinach and crack an egg into each
- Place the skillet into the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Serve with toast