Oven Roasted Salmon
Oven Roasted Salmon. If you’re looking for an easy and DELICIOUS way to feed a crowd, Oven Roasted Salmon is it!
Oven roasted salmon is a perfect weeknight dinner, fantastic Sunday dinner and a great way to feed guests on a special occasion. I used a skin on side of salmon because I love the tasted of crispy roasted salmon skin, just have the fish guy at the store remove any scales if necessary.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO
As a general guide, when you’re roasting fish you want to cook it about 7 minutes per inch of thickness at about 425 degrees. Measure your filet at the thickest part to see how long you need to cook it.
Start by pre-heating your oven to 425 degrees and pre-heat a sheet pan as well. A hot sheet pan will help give you a nice crispy skin. Cover the sheet pan with foil for easy clean-up.
Season the salmon well and coat it with oil I used a mix of paprika, lemon pepper, and cayenne to spice up my salmon. Rub both sides with the spice blend and oil
Place the salmon on the hot sheet pan and roast the salmon on the lowest rack of the oven to concentrate the heat on the skin.
Roast the salmon for about 7 minutes if you like it cooked medium, go a little longer for well done. The USDA recommends you cook salmon to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F. This should be measured at the thickest part of the fillet. A thermometer like this is very useful
Place the salmon under the broiler for just a minute or two to get some good color on the top. Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn. When the salmon is done carefully lift it off the sheet pan using two spatulas. Place it on a cutting board then slice and serve the oven roasted salmon with pride.
- one 2 to 2 and ½ pound side of salmon
- 2 tablespoons of oil (canola, avocado oil or grapeseed oil all work well)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Cover a sheet pan with foil and place it in the oven to get hot
- Rub both sides of the salmon with spices and oil
- Place the salmon skin side down on the sheet pan and place the sheet pan on the bottom rack in the oven
- Roast the salmon for about 7 to 8 minutes depending on your desired doneness. Salmon should be cooked to 145 degrees in the thickest part
- Move the salmon to the top rack and broil for 1 to 2 minutes until the salmon is browned on top. Watch it closely so it doesn't burn
Oven Roasted Salmon