Wedge Salad Burger
WEDGE SALAD BURGER
I really enjoyed this wedge salad burger, it was such a delicious treat for my keto diet! Being on a diet while cooking for your family doesn’t mean you have to make two different meals.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THE WEDGE SALAD BURGER
Just fire up the griddle or cast iron pan for these tasty burgers. Add some bacon while you’re at it because bacon makes everything better!
WHAT’S YOUR BEEF?
I like to use 80/20 ground chuck when making my burgers. That means the beef is 80% meat and 20% fat. For me, that’s the perfect fat to meat ratio for juicy burgers.
Make a dressing for your wedge salad burger with some blue cheese, sour cream, half and half, dill and pepper. The full recipe is below.
Next, grab a head of iceberg lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is low in carbs and adds some cool, crisp crunch to your burger. Serve the whole thing with a little chopped tomato and enjoy.
- 1.5 pounds of 80/20 ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3 ounces of blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons or so of half and half (enough to make the dressing the consistency you need)
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- black pepper
- 1 iceberg lettuce head
- 1 tomato
- red onion
- Divide the ground chuck into 4 burger patties
- season the burgers with salt and pepper
- cook over medium heat for 3-6 minutes per side to your desired doneness
- Cook the bacon along with the burgers
- MAKE THE DRESSING
- Mix the blue cheese, sour cream, half and half, dill and black pepper
- cut the Iceberg lettuce into 4 wedges
- Top the burger with bacon and a lettuce wedge
- drizzle dressing over the top
- garnish with diced tomato and red onion