Ninja Foodi Rice
Ninja Foodi Rice Low Country Red Rice with Shrimp and Scallops
I love cooking rice in my Ninja Foodi pressure cooker it comes out absolutely perfect. I like it even more than using a rice cooker. When cooking rice in an electric pressure cooker like a Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot you use much less water than you do when cooking it on a stove top.
WATCH THIS STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR FULL DETAILS
HOW TO COOK RICE IN A PRESSURE COOKER
For long grain white rice use a 1/4 cup more water than rice. If I’m cooking 2 cups of white rice I use 2 and 1/4 cups of water. If I’m cooking 4 cups of rice I’ll use 4 and 1/4 cups of water. It works great every time.
Low Country Red Rice with Shrimp and Scallops
First, prepare your ingredients. Dice your onion and pepper. Smash the garlic. Cut up the sausage. Drain the canned tomatoes and reserve the juices. Measure out the rice and chicken broth. With everything ready to go this dish is very quick and easy to put together.
Season the shrimp with seasoned salt then sear the shrimp and scallops in a little vegetable oil, then remove them from the Ninja Foodi. Place the shrimp and scallops in the refrigerator before you proceed with the rest of the recipe.
SEASONED SALT RECIPE
Brown the sausage, then add the peppers, onion and garlic. Add in the tomatoes, tomato juice and chicken broth. Cook under high pressure for 3 minutes then let natural release for 10 minutes.
Release the pressure and stir in the shrimp and scallops and dinner is DONE!
- one 14-15 ounce can of diced tomato
- about 1 and ½ cups of chicken broth (the amount will vary)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 fully cooked smoked sausages
- 1 pound of scallops
- 1 and ½ pounds of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- Drain the tomatoes and reserve the juices
- Add enough chicken broth to the tomato juice to equal 2 and ¼ cups
- Dice the onion, pepper and garlic
- Cut the sausage into chunks
- Pat the scallops and shrimp dry
- Season the shrimp with seasoning salt
- Heat the pressure cooker on the sear/saute function. Pour in oil and brown the scallops and shrimp in batches for 1-2 minutes per side
- Remove the shrimp and scallops and place them in the refrigerator until ready to use
- Brown the sausage for 5 minutes then add peppers and onions.
- Saute the sausage, peppers and onions for 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened
- Add the garlic and stir for about 1 minute DON'T LET THE GARLIC BURN
- Stir in the tomatoes and rice
- Pour in the tomato juice/chicken broth
- Cook under high pressure for 3 minutes then natural release for 10 minutes
- Release remaining pressure, remove the lid then gently stir in the shrimp and scallops
- Serve it up