Easy pancake recipe
This Easy Pancake Recipe is quick to whip up. Make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for a fast weekday breakfast. Learn how to make pancakes at home
Homemade pancakes are a real treat for breakfast so why not make pancakes from scratch every once in a while. Maybe even have pancakes for dinner!
The flour you use for this easy pancake recipe makes a big difference. I use White Lily flour for this recipe because it makes the pancakes so tender. White Lily flour is low in protein and protein is what makes baked good tough. You want low protein flour for cakes and biscuits and high protein (bread) flour for chewy bread.
THESE PANCAKES SURE WOULD BE GOOD WITH SOME HOMEMADE BACON. Here’s my HOMEMADE BACON RECIPE.
First, add some lemon juice to some milk
Lemon juice makes your pancakes nice and tender, kind of like how vinegar in red velvet cake gives you that velvety mouthfeel. Both lemon juice and vinegar are mild acids and acids interfere with protein formation.
Next, mix up your dry ingredients
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk it all together to make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Mix it all up
Beat the egg and vanilla into the milk/lemon juice mixture then stir that into the flour mixture. Stir in the melted butter and your batter is finished.
Time to cook this easy pancake recipe
Lighty oil your griddle. Heat your griddle over medium flame and ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle. When the surface of your pancake is covered with bubbles it’s time to flip. Cook them for another minute or two on the other side and you’re all done.
Freeze the leftovers
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place your leftover pancakes on it in one layer. Freeze the pancakes until they are solid then transfer them to a ziptop bag. Place back into the freezer. Your pancakes will be individually frozen so you can remove as many as you want from the bag.
To heat the frozen pancakes place wrap 2 -3 of them in a paper towel and microwave on high for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or longer if necessary.
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 T lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2T sugar
- 2t baking powder
- ⅛ t salt
- 1t baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 2T melted butter
- canola oil for the griddle
- Pour fresh lemon juice into the milk and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and stir.
- Add the egg to the milk and beat well to combine, add vanilla
- Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture to combine.
- Stir in melted butter
- Brush your griddle or pan with oil
- Heat your griddle or pan to medium
- Pour pancake batter onto the griddle to make 3-inch pancakes (about 2 ounces of batter each)
- Cook for 1-2 minutes per side when bubble form and break flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.