Fish Tacos with Green Apple Slaw #Recipe, Blackened and Fried
Use a 10-12 wide by 2 inch high frying pan
- 2 pounds of catfish whiting or snapper would also work well
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix a blend of cornmeal and wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika less if you don’t like it too hot, or use plain paprika
- Vegetable oil enough to fill your frying pan ½ an inch deep.
Cut the fish into 1-1/2 by 4 inch pieces. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. In a gallon size ziptop bag add cornmeal mix, lemon pepper and hot paprika. Shake to combine.
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet to 350° Add 5-6 (or whatever you can fit into your pan without overcrowding) fish pieces into bag of cornmeal mix and shake to coat.
Fry the fish about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain the fish on a wire rack. Fry the fish in batches.