I hope you all had a WONDERFUL 4th of July Weekend! We had a small family reunion at our parents house and let me tell you we had a BALL! About fifty 2nd 3rd and 4th cousins, aunts, uncles nephews and nieces showed up looking just a beautiful as can be. Stories were told, games were played…a good time was had by all.
…and them there was the FOOD! We had loads of great food- Barbecued ribs, grilled chicken, fried fish (all line caught by my dad) macaroni and cheese, potato salad! All the favorites were served this day!
…but what to do with all those LEFTOVERS?! Here are a few fantastic ideas to get started
1. Use leftover slaw for some fantastic FISH TACOS
You can really combine ANYTHING with slaw to make tacos. Try Substituting grilled shrimp or chicken for the fried fish. Recipe HERE
2. Use leftover barbecued chicken or pork in these Asian inspired STEAMED BUNS:
You will NOT be sorry that you tried this recipe, steamed buns are a real treat. Recipe HERE
3. Make RAMEN!
Ramen with leftover collard greens or kale and some barbecued meat would be HEAVEN! Recipe HERE
4. Use that leftover corn to make this fantastic CORN SALSA
Pair this with some baked tortilla chips for a healthy snack. Recipe HERE
5. Did you have green beans at your barbecue? Substitute your leftover beans for the blanched green beans in this recipe for Green Beans Asian Style
6. And if you happen to have any SANGRIA left (but really, why would you?) make this SANGRIA ICE
I never have any Sangria left after a party but in the off chance that you do try this recipe. Recipe HERE
7. If you have some leftover grilled chicken your more than halfway finished with this Chicken, Orange and Walnut Salad
Perfect for when you want to lighten up the day after the big barbecue. Recipe HERE