Top Chef Winner, Chef Stephanie Izard has teamed up with Lay’s Wavy potato chips and Brit + Co a leading DIY destination site, to create recipes for the first-ever Pinterest cookbook! Best of all the FANS get to contribute, visit Pinterest.com/LaysWavy to participate! Watch the video to find out the surprising ways this Top Chef would use Lay’s Wavy in the most unexpected dishes.
In the video Chef Izard shares with us all the details of her new project and her recipe for Cheesy Chippy Crumble, a great topping baked on top of muffins, sprinkled on ice cream or tumbling over pancakes. It’s even great for snacking on it’s own. See below for a printable version of the recipe.
Chef Stephanie Izard's Cheesy Chippy Crumble
- 2/3 cup Lay's Wavy original potato chips - made into crumbs don't crush them too fine. They should be about 1/4 to 1/3 inch shards
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup Quaker oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter I brought the butter to room temperature before starting the recipe
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until everything comes together (you may also use your hands if you don't want to use a mixer).
- Spread the mixture out onto a cookie sheet and bake at 325° for about 10 minutes. The crumble should be dry and golden. Chill slightly before using.