Buffalo Chicken Wings PLUS Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipe
No game day is complete without hot wings, you can enjoy them and still keep your New Year’s resolution.
This delicious baked hot wing recipe gets its fire from two sources. First the chicken wings are massaged with a bangin’ spice rub, then after they’re baked they take a bath in buttery hot sauce. To cool the fire in your mouth dip them in some dill and blue cheese dressing.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP BUFFALO WING VIDEO
To make this recipe you will need two sheet pans with racks. I like to line the sheet pans with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. I’ve also done these Buffalo wings in the air fryer and they came out great.
Rub your wings
Make a spice blend of salt, fresh ground pepper, granulated garlic, and cayenne pepper. I love to use Sanderson Farms chicken because they don’t add any additional salt. This allows me to season the chicken as I like and not worry about having too much sodium. Rub the wings all over with the spices and let them sit in the fridge for up to six hours if you have time. Place the wings on a rack on a sheet pan.
Here’s a link to my HOMEMADE seasoned salt recipe!
Roast the wings at high heat
Roast the wings at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes (the roasting time depends on the size of the wings). I’ve also made these hot wings in my Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer oven which only goes up to 400 degrees and they come out very good.
Make the Blue cheese dressing
Mix blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, dried dill, and fresh cracked pepper to make a delicious blue cheese dip. This is also great on top of a wedge salad of fresh iceberg lettuce. I make a mean WEDGE SALAD BURGER that is perfect for a keto diet!
Make the hot wing sauce
Melt the butter and mix it with hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and granulated garlic. Add Cayenne pepper if you like things REALLY hot!
Serve Your Buffalo Wings for the big game or any day
Gather lots of fresh vegetables to crunch with your Buffalo chicken wings. I dipped everything into that blue cheese dressing. While celery is the traditional hot wing accompaniment try carrots, tomatoes, or even your fingers! It’s so good!
Whole 30 Inspired Firecracker Hot Wings
- 3 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoon dry dill
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Cut the chicken wings into sections, reserve the wing tips for stock ( or purchase the wings already cut)
- Rub the chicken wings with seasoned salt.
- Refrigerate the wings overnight if you have time. Pat the wings dry if when you take them out of the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the wings on the rack of the sheet pan and spray them with cooking oil
- Roast at 425 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes
- Mix the blue cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, and pepper. Reserve the blue cheese dip until ready to serve
- Melt the butter and mix it with the hot sauce, Worchestershire sauce, granulated garlic, and cayenne pepper
- Toss the cooked chicken wings with the hot sauce mixture and serve with the blue cheese dressing and vegetables