WOULDN’T YOU LIKE TO GET SOME SPICY MAIL? I JUST TRIED OUT A NEW SPICE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE FROM SAVORY SPICE CLUB AND MADE THIS DELICIOUS PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE
Savory Spice Shop’s Spice Club is a great way to broaden your spice horizons and would make a fantastic foodie gift. With a monthly subscription you receive two packets of spice or seasoning mix and a recipe card to try out your new flavor packets. The spices from spice club are high quality and they make seasoning blends that I’ve never seen before. One of the spice deliveries contained Smoked Spanish Sweet Paprika (which I LOVE) and some Bajan Seasoning blend (which I’ve never tried before now)
In the month one Spice Club delivery I received a healthy sample of Crushed Aleppo Chiles. The description on the packet tells you that the peppers are a 3-4 on a heat scale of 1-10, not too hot but very flavorful. Also in this delivery was a packet of Southern Spain Pinchito Spice, a blend of salt, cumin, anise and a whole bunch of other fragrant spices. A recipe for Grilled Pinchitos with Yogurt Lime Sauce is included as well.
I decided to rub the spices in the month one Spice Club delivery all over some chicken drumsticks and roasted them to deep burgundy deliciousness for Pepper Chicken Recipe.
Visit Savory Spice Shops website for more information about SPICE CLUB and get some of these fantastic spices delivered to your door..or your friends door..that would be nice
Savory Spice Shop sent some spices for me to check out but I received no compensation for this post. All opinions are my own
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons Southern Spain Pinchito Spice
- 1 tablespoon crushed Aleppo chiles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 red or yellow or both bell peppers
- 4 scallions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Rub the chicken drumsticks in olive oil, crushed Aleppo chiles and Southern Spain Pinchito Spice
- Let this marinate in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight if possible
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Put the potatoes on a foil lined pan and bake for 1 hour
- While the potatoes are baking,
- Line a rimmed sheet or roasting pan with foil, place the chicken on the pan in one layer
- Chop the yellow and red peppers into 1/2 inch dice, chop the scallions and mince the garlic.
- Scatter these over the chicken and roast for 35-45 minutes
- Serve over slices of roasted potatoes