This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeenBooed #HalloWINE #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Have a little Adult HalloWINE fun WITH ROBERT MONDAVI PRIVATE SELECTION Cabernet Sauvignon
It’s time to “Boo it Forward” so I decided to secretly deliver a little Hallo-WINE fun to my friend by creating a gift basket filled with Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon. I’m also including a combination of homemade and store bought snacks for us to enjoy during a Halloween themed, sci-fi movie night that she’s hosting.
I’m a bit of a movie buff, science fiction is my favorite genre….yeah, I’m a NERD. Lucky for me I married a nerd and we have a bunch of nerdy friends that love sci-fi movies as much as we do. We meet once a month, rotating homes between couples, to
talk through watch science fiction movies, drink wine and eat delicious food. This “Boo it Forward” basket is the perfect gift for the busy hostess.
By the way my “tablecloth” in the pictures below is actually an inexpensive scarf I picked up from a street vendor on my last visit to New York. It’s a long, wide scarf that works PERFECTLY as a table runner. I think it only cost $5 if I remember correctly.
DO YOU WANT MORE GREAT “YOU’VE BEEN BOO’D” GIFT BASKET IDEAS? CLICK HERE!
Here’s how I put together my Hallo-WINE basket so I could “BOO” my friend
- First I picked up an inexpensive wire basket from the store. While I was there I found a few candles in gorgeous Autumn colors, I thought the flickering of the candles would add a nice glow to the table. I also grabbed a couple of Halloween themed kitchen towels that could double as napkins.
- Next I headed out to my local grocery store and got three bottles of Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon-two bottles to put in the gift basket and one to keep for myself. It’s delicious, the price is right AND there’s an in-store special discount. Be sure to look for instant redeemable coupons or mail in rebates in your local store. Valid from 10/1-11/30. Some of the bottles even have gift tags with a “You’ve Been Hallo-wined” poem AND a recipe for Mummy’s Mulled Wine. I knew the rich, red berry flavors in Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon would go perfectly with the treats I would include in the gift basket.
- I also grabbed a baguette, some cheese, some cured meats, pickles and popcorn for us to snack on while watching our not too scary Halloween science fiction movie.
- I picked up the ingredients for the homemade Rosemary and Cheese Crisps I planned to include in the basket. Just a few ingredients make a perfect crunchy snack to go with Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon. The printable recipe for the Rosemary Cheese crisps is below. The crisps almost look like spider webs after they bake making them a great choice for this Hallo-WINE themed basket.
Rosemary Cheese Crisps
- 4 ounces of cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces of Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Shred the cheeses in a food processor or on a box grater (use the large holes)
- Mix the rosemary, pepper, cayenne and smoked paprika with the cheeses
- On a rimmed sheet pan lined with parchment paper place the cheese mixture in 2 tablespoon mounds one inch apart.- I used three separate sheet pans with six or seven cheese crisps on each
- Bake the cheese rounds for 7-9 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour
- Drain the cheese crisps om paper towels to remove excess oil
- Serve or Store in an airtight container
- Include a couple of signs with your Hallo-WINE basket to let your friend know that they’ve been boo’d. Here are printables for you to use with your Hallo-WINE Boo it forward gift basket, just click on the picture and print it out. The “You’ve Been Boo’d” sign goes on the front of the basket that you deliver. Your friend should hand the “We’ve Been Boo’d” sign in their window so the neighbors will know that they’ve been “boo’d” and will “boo” someone else.
- Anonymously deliver the basket. I picked a time that I knew my friend would be home so the basket would not sit out for long. I also wrapped the Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon in paper to protect the bottles
Adult HalloWINE fun WITH ROBERT MONDAVI PRIVATE SELECTION Cabernet Sauvignon
Wouldn’t you just LOVE to open your door to this AMAZING gift basket? I know I would! Who would you “BOO” for Hallo-WINE? What would you include in your gift basket?
AshleiOctober 13, 2015 at 9:02 am (8 years ago)
WOW! I’m totally going to do this for my friend Sheena. She would love this. I would include some homemade biscotti, I think that would be good.Reply
TomOctober 13, 2015 at 8:58 am (8 years ago)
Oh man! That looks great. I really need someone to BOO me right away.Reply