Crustless Quiche Recipe
This Bacon and Spinach Cheesy Crustless Quiche Recipe is low carb and perfect for keto diets
Eggs, cream, cheese, spinach and bacon are some of my favorite foods. Mix them all together and you’ve got a delicious quiche, great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch. I skipped the crust making this low carb and perfect for keto diets.
A keto diet is high in fat, extremely low in carbohydrates and moderate protein. I’ve been on a ketogenic (keto for short) diet for two weeks and I’ve lost ten pounds already. Delicious dishes like this makes it so easy. Here’s how you make it:
Brown your bacon
I love big chunks of smokey bacon in this dish so I use my own homemade bacon. Here’s the recipe
Dice the bacon and add it to a cold pan. Turn the heat to medium and brown the bacon on all sides until it’s nice and crispy.
Add some spinach and scallions
Chop a couple of scallions and add it to the bacon. I used frozen spinach that I let thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Squeeze out the excess water and add it to the bacon. Stir it around to let it warm up.
Cheese and cream
Stir in some shredded cheese. I used sharp cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan but feel free to use your favorites. Beat some eggs and cream together season with white pepper and pour it into the bacon, spinach mixture. There is quite a bit of salt in the bacon and cheese so I don’t add and additional salt.
Top the whole thing with Parmesan cheese to make it nice and brown
I baked this crustless quiche recipe in a CorningWare Pyroceram dish so I could put it under the broiler to brown, that’s an optional step, just be sure you are using a dish that is broiler safe.
A deep dish pie plate will do just as well but may not be able to go under the broiler. Place it on a sheet pan to catch any spills and bake in the middle of a 325 degree oven for about 50 minutes. You want the quiche to be just set, even a teeny bit jiggly in the middle. Let cool a bit before serving, it goes great with some salad greens and Rosé!
Bacon and Spinach Cheesy Crustless Quiche
- 6 ounces of thick bacon diced
- 3 chopped scallions
- 1 cup of frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 3/4 cups of shredded cheddar
- 3/4 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 6 eggs
- 2 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add diced bacon to a cold pan
- Turn the heat on medium and brown the bacon on all sides
- Add the scallions and spinach, sauteing for 5 minutes
- Let cool
- Stir in cheddar and mozzarella cheeses
- Beat eggs and cream with white pepper and pour into bacon mixture
- Place it all in a deep dish pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45-50 minutes