Mmmm, Wouldn’t this BROWN SUGAR POUND CAKE be GORGEOUS on your holiday table! The perfect Thanksgiving dessert or Christmas Dessert but really it’s great any time of year. This cake is incredibly moist, lightly sweet, has a hint of lemon and a whole lot of DELICIOUS!
You can make this Brown Sugar Pound Cake in a a regular Bundt pan or two 9 inch loaf pans but I think its looks stunning baked in this cascade pan. The powdered sugar catches in all the levels and layers of the cake making it look like a snow covered mountain.
Order the Wilton Dimensions Cascade Pan from Amazon Here:
Spray the pan well with Pam for Baking or a similar product to easily remove the cake from the pan after baking. This cake also freezes well and stays moist for days. I even froze and shipped one from Georgia to my cousin in New Jersey with fantastic results.
Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups cake flour sifted (not self-rising)
- 1- 9 by 5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick baking spray
- or 1 Wilton Cascade pan pictured above sprayed with Pam for baking
- Pre heat oven to 325°.
- Beat softened butter and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add brown sugar and lemon zest, beat for 5 minutes.
- Mix eggs, yolks, lemon juice and vanilla together in a separate bowl. Pour this mix into the bowl of the mixer while the mixer is running. Stir in the flour and mix gently until combined
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove cake from the pan and let cool completely on a rack.