Candy Cane Biscotti
Candy Cane Biscotti
This Candy Cane Biscotti recipe is inspired by my daughter who LOVES to dip candy canes into a lemon drizzled with honey (great for a sore throat btw), she also loves biscotti, so this one is for her.
Biscotti is the perfect recipe to make when you need a lot of cookies with minimal effort. The first step is making just two big cookie logs. Bake them and let cool. Then cut into half inch slices and bake again (twice baked=”Bi”scotti).
That’s it, you can stop here if you like, but I’m not going to stop. I’m going to drizzle the biscotti with glaze and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
I’m going to wrap a couple biscotti, place them in cute mugs and use them as teacher gifts this year. It’s also a great recipe for a cookie swap or to send to far away loved ones.
Candy Cane Biscotti #Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup crushed candy cane about 5 candy cane
- for the glaze
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons crushed candy cane about 1 candy cane - for garnish
- Zest the lemon then cut it and squeeze out the juice into a small container. You should have about 2 tablespoons on lemon juice
- Cream butter, salt and sugar in the bowl of your mixer about 3 minutes or by hand for about 6 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time beating well between adding each egg. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, 1/4 cup crushed candy cane and lemon zest. Add flour mixture to the butter and eggs in the mixing bowl. Stir on low to combine.
- Take a piece of plastic wrap about a foot long and put half of the biscotti dough onto the plastic wrap in a log shape about 2 inches wide and 8 inches long. Wrap the biscotti log in the plastic and repeat with the other half of the biscotti dough. Refrigerate for an hour before baking.
- Heat the oven to 350° . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the biscotti logs on the pan 4 inches apart. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the biscotti is firm to the touch.
- Let the biscotti cool completely then slice into 1/2 inch slices . Place the biscotti back onto the pan and bake at 275° for 15 additional minutes. Let the biscotti cool completely then drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with crushed candy cane while the glaze is still wet. Let the glaze dry completely and you're done!
- For the Glaze
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice and honey until the honey is thin and runny. Stir into the powdered sugar until you reach a pour-able consistency add water a bit at a time if necessary
How to make Candy Cane Biscotti the perfect Christmas cookie