Who loves a one pot meal?! This Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp Spinach Tortilla Stack packs a lot of delicious flavor in one easy one pan recipe.
When I say easy I really mean it. Watch the video below and see for yourself.
This entire recipe came about because I took a stroll through the clearance aisle of my local grocery store. There was a HUGE jug of chunky salsa on sale for less than $4. I usually prefer homemade salsa when were snacking with chips but this was a deal too good to pass up. Pre-made salsa is great to use as a simmering sauce like I did with this recipe for Quick Turkey Chili Loaded Baked Potato
I love a cast iron skillet and this 12 inch one from Lodge is a workhorse in the kitchen. Here’s an affiliate link to a cast iron pan on Amazon
For this Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp Spinach Tortilla Stack
Mix store bought salsa (of course you can make your own if you like) some spinach and shrimp. I layered this in a 12 inch cast iron skillet with flour tortillas and mozzarella cheese and baked it for 30 minutes until it was hot and bubbling. I told you it was easy!
Let the dish cool a bit, then top it with slices of avocado, tomatoes and jalapeño peppers, slice and serve!
You could easily substitute cooked chicken breast, sauteed ground beef or turkey. How would you make this recipe your own? Let me know what you would add in the comments below.
Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp Spinach Tortilla Stack
- 3 cups salsa plus a 1/2 cup for the top mild, medium or spicy depending on your taste
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined and chopped Save a few whole shrimp to garnish the top it you like
- 1 pound frozen spinach thawed and the water squeezed out
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese reserve some for the top
- 12 six inch flour tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste keep in mind that the salsa and cheese already have quite a bit of salt
- 1 or 2 avocado
- fresh tomato
- fresh lime
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl mix salsa, chopped shrimp and thawed squeezed spinach
- Season with salt and pepper
- Rub the oil on the bottom of the skillet
- layer 4 tortillas on the bottom of the skillet
- spread 1/3 of salsa mixture on top and top with cheese
- repeat with two more layers
- Top with plain salsa and cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let rest a bit
- Top with avocado, fresh tomato and jalapeno peppers and a squeeze of fresh lime juice
3 Comments on Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp Spinach Tortilla Stack
1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp Spinach Tortilla Stack
[…] Broccoli Casserole 4 Ingredient Tater Tot Casserole Bacon, Broccoli Mac & Cheese Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp Spinach Tortilla Stack For more great recipes like these you can also try… Chicken Taco Dip Steakhouse Potato […]
Joann CreekmoreSeptember 29, 2016 at 5:08 pm (6 years ago)
Hi! Love your blog! I was directed here to get the upside onion cornbread recipe which I can’t wait to try! Can you please add me to your email list.Reply
Demetra OvertonSeptember 29, 2016 at 5:58 pm (6 years ago)
Fantastic! I will definitely add you to my email list Thanks so much for reading