Glazed Chicken Thighs with Pineapple Relish. I cook a LOT of chicken as you can see from this blog. What can I say, chicken is delicious. For this dish I use boneless and skinless chicken thighs, because they cook quickly and remain plump and succulent regardless of the cooking method.
Most of the ingredients were already in my pantry and the chicken thighs thawed in the fridge. Serve this over steamed white rice. Start cooking the rice first. Use a rice cooker if you have one so you can set it and forget it. Here’s a look at most of the ingredients:
Dinner in 25: Glazed Chicken Thighs with Pineapple Relish
- 4 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of diced red and yellow peppers
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less depending on how hot you like it
- 1-20 ounce can of diced pineapples in juice
- 2 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar substitute 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons honey with ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Steamed rice
- First make the relish:Drain the pineapples and reserve the juice (there should be about 1 cup of juice)
- Sauté the peppers and onions in 2 teaspoons of oil for about 3 minutes , then add the well-drained pineapples-cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper and seasoned rice vinegar. Cook until no liquid remains in the pan. Scoop the relish into a bowl.
- Remove the excess fat from the chicken thighs.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan and brown the chicken thighs (about 3 minutes per side, chicken will not be fully cooked)
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, honey, ginger and soy sauce and add to the pan.
- Bring this to a boil and reduce to a simmer
- Add the chicken to the sauce, turning the chicken thighs over several times as the sauce reduces. The sauce will begin to thicken and the chicken will finish cooking in the sauce in about 10 minutes.
- Serve the glazed chicken over steamed rice and top with the pineapple relish.