LEARN HOW TO MAKE FIG INFUSED BOURBON. DIY NATURALLY FLAVORED FIG, CINNAMON AND LEMON INFUSED BOURBON IS THE PERFECT BOOZY CHRISTMAS GIFT
Thanks to Four Roses for sending a bottle of delicious “Yellow” Bourbon for me to play with.
It’s not too early to start planning your homemade holiday gifts. Make your own fig infused bourbon and give it away as a holiday gift (or keep it for yourself….no judgments). Bring it with you to Thanksgiving dinner, just about everyone over 21 will flip for it.
Start this project early to give the figs sufficient time to give their flavor and sweetness to
the bourbon. Put all the ingredients into a glass container and let it sit. THAT’S IT! After a week it will be delicious, after a month or two it will taste like a little drop of HEAVEN. Sample your work one a week (just a tiny taste or you won’t have any left for gifting) and when it reaches the flavor you like strain the figs, cinnamon and lemon peel out. If you like things HOT feel free to drop in a dried chili pepper like scorpion chili or Thai chili. Decant the Fig Infused Bourbon into cute gift bottles like these from Dress My Cupcake Vintage Glass Milk Bottles, 6-Pack . Double the recipe below to have enough fig infused Four Roses Bourbon to fill all six 8 ounce bottles.
Save the figs after you strain them out and make some figgy pudding or the best darn fruit cake you ever had. I’ll post a recipe for figgy pudding ASAP.
Make a label or gift tag listing the ingredients so your friends will know what’s in the cocktail, just in case they have any allergies. Drop a fig and some lemon peel in the bottle as a garnish.
Enjoy this Fig Infused Bourbon with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to make a Fig Bourbon Sour or in your favorite eggnog recipe by the fireplace.
Flavored Bourbon Figgy Bourbon Recipe
- 750 mils Four Roses Bourbon
- 1 cup dried black mission figs
- Peel of 2 lemons just the yellow peel, not the white pith
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 dried hot chili peppers optional
- Place the dried figs, lemon peel and cinnamon sticks in a glass jar with a lid
- Pour in the Four Roses bourbon and place the lid on top
- Store in a cool, dark place out of reach of children for up to 2 months
- Taste it periodically and decide when it's ready
- Strain out the solids (save the figs for figgy pudding)
- Pour the Flavored Four Roses Bourbon into gift jars and label them
Thanks again to Four Roses for the Bourbon. I was contacted as part of the Atlanta Food Bloggers’ Society for this opportunity. No other compensation was received. All opinions and view are 100% mine