This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
GET THIS DELICIOUS FAST SHRIMP AND OKRA SIMMER RECIPE ON THE TABLE IN 20 MINUTES. LET HUNT’S TOMATOES AND RO*TEL DELIVER SLOW SIMMERED FLAVOR IN ALMOST NO TIME AT ALL
So many of my readers have told me that they struggle to get a home made meal on the dinner table during the week, they simply don’t have the time. It can be tough to get a tasty home cooked meal on the table on a week night. You walk in the door late from work, the kids need help with their homework, no one in the house has any clean underwear left . You think you can’t put a healthy home-cooked meal on the table. Yes you CAN! I’ve got the secret to getting that delicious home cooked meal on the table FAST! Keep staples like Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes and RO*TEL Tomatoes in your pantry to get a delicious dinner on the table in no time.
I grew up eating okra, corn and tomato stew for Sunday dinner. My mom would spend a lot of time chopping the okra, onions, celery and peppers then slow cooking them to let the flavors develop. It was delicious but too time consuming to prepare on a week night…until now. To cut the prep time of this recipe down to almost nothing I use a can of Hunt’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, a can of Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes with Green Pepper, Celery and Onion as well as a can of RO*TEL Hot Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros . This let’s me keep the dicing to a minimum and the slow simmering of most of the vegetable is done for you.
I picked up some fresh okra from Walmart while I was shopping to fill my pantry. I already had corn and peeled and de-veined shrimp in the freezer at home as well as some smoked sausage in the fridge
*COOKING HACK* Keep peeled and de-veined shrimp in the freezer and add them frozen to pasta sauces, soups or stews. No need to thaw them first.
Here’s a step by step guide to make this delicious recipe
First, slice 8 ounces of okra and 12-16 ounces of smoked sausage. This is the only slicing and dicing you have to do for this easy recipe. Brown the sausage over medium heat and add the okra
Second, pour in one can of Hunt’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, one can of Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes with Green Pepper, Celery and Onion and the RO*TEL Hot Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros (or milder RO*TEL Original if you choose) stir and bring to a simmer
Third, stir in 12 ounces of frozen corn and let the everything come to a simmer again. I used Hot RO*TEL Tomatoes with Habaneros to balance the sweetness of the corn
Last, add 12 ounces of frozen peeled and de-veined medium shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink and opaque
WANT MORE QUICK AND EASY FALL RECIPES? I’VE GOT THEM RIGHT HERE FOR YOU RIGHT HERE
That’s it! Quick, easy, DELICIOUS and loaded with vegetables. Do you have any hacks to get dinner on the table FAST? I’d love to hear them, please leave a comment and let me know your weeknight short cuts.
Healthy Shrimp and Okra Simmer
- one 14.5 ounce can of Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic
- one 14.5 ounce can of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Green Pepper Celery & Onion
- one 10 ounce can of RO*TEL Hot tomatoes use RO*TEL Original Tomatoes for a milder flavor
- 8 ounces fresh okra
- 12-16 ounces smoked sausage
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 12 ounces frozen raw peeled and de-veined medium shrimp
- Slice 8 ounces of okra and 10 ounces of smoked sausage
- Brown the sausage over medium heat
- Add the okra
- Pour in one can of Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, one can of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Green Pepper, Celery and Onion and the Hot RO*TEL (or mild if you choose) stir. Increase the heat and bring to a simmer
- Stir in 12 ounces of frozen corn and let the everything come to a simmer again
- Add 12 ounces of frozen peeled and de-veined medium shrimp and cook until the shrimp has turned pink