It’s time for SPRING SHOWERS! Bridal showers baby showers all kinds of showers…I guess those are the only two kinds of showers really.
I decided on a Pink and Green Garden Party Bridal Shower theme. For a fresh and healthy appetizer I served some crudites. A little roasted red pepper hummus and cut some carrots, celery and young green beans in clear mini cups make such a cute appetizer display.
Here’s what you need to make a display like this. Layer some red pepper hummus on the bottom of some tasting cups like these and fill with whatever fresh veggies you like that are sturdy enough to stand up to the dip
Look around the house for new ways to display your buffet. I used an inexpensive spice rack similar to this one that I had in the house.
Since the shower has a garden theme I added some pink tulips (one of my favorite flowers) some artichokes and a rose is a fun, unusual combination. A small table top terrarium keeps the garden theme going as does the grapevine wreath with silk daisy vines woven through.
Drape some green fabric son top of your white table cloth to add interest and layers to you table top
I picked up some blank pink toothpick flags like these and wrote my own message.
Add a little fruit and cheese, a couple of cakes and a LOT of punch and have FUN!
Red Pepper Hummus recipe
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic to taste
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 fifteen ounce can chick peas/garbonzo beans
- one 8 ounce jar of roasted red peppers drained or roast your oun
- 1/4 cup tahini/sesame seed paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Smash the garlic clove and place it in the lemon juice in a microwave proof container, like a mug
- warm the lemon juice and garlic in the microwave for 20 seconds on high. Let this sit for 5 minutes, discard the garlic
- Add the lemon juice, chick peas, tahini and roasted red peppers into the food processor or blender
- Start the blender or processor and stream in the olive oil as the processor is running
Pink and Green Garden Party Bridal Shower