Pumpkin Chicken Alfredo Recipe. I partnered with Sanderson Farms Chicken to bring you another DELICIOUS recipe. This time we added pumpkin puree, herbs, cheese and cream to make a pasta dish perfect for fall
I think the addition of pumpkin puree and a combination of fresh and dried herbs give such an interesting depth of flavor to a traditional alfredo sauce.
This Pumpkin Chicken Alfredo Recipe starts with sliced Sanderson Farms chicken breast dusted in dried sage, thyme, granulated garlic, salt and pepper along with a little flour. We sauteed the chicken in a little oil just until cooked through.
We’re not trying to get any color on the chicken, we’re going to put all of the chicken in the pan and cook it covered over medium-low heat. This technique gives the chicken breasts a very tender texture even after it simmers in the sauce.
Once the chicken has been cooked we added a little fresh garlic cream pureed pumpkin and let it simmer until it thickens. And toss in a few fresh herbs and cheese and this dish is ready to go.
Add your favorite cooked pasta, I used rigatoni, sir it in to coat and simmer in the sauce for just a minute.
If you like, you can add a little fresh spinach and stir it in until it wilts, that would be a delicious addition to this recipe and you would have a complete, one pot meal.
FOR MORE DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES PLEASE VISIT SANDERSON FARMS WEBSITE
Pumpkin Chicken Alfredo Recipe with #SandersonFarms chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil like vegetable or canola
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 leaves of fresh sage
- 2 inch stalk of rosemary
- Slice the chicken breast into strips approximately 2 inches long by 1/2 an inch wide
- combine the salt, pepper, granulated garlic, dried thyme and dried sage. Season the chicken with this mixture
- Coat the chicken breast in the flour
- Shake of the excess flour.
- Pour oil into a pan with a lid. Heat the pan over a medium/low flame. Add the chicken
- Cook over medium/low heat in a covered pan turning the chicken occasionally to cook evenly.
- Cook for about 10 minutes
- Slice the garlic cloves and add to the chicken, cook for 30 seconds
- Stir in the cream and pumpkin puree. Bring the cream to a simmer
- Add the thyme leaves, torn sage leaves and sprig of rosemary to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove the rosemary stalk
- Stir in the cheeses and cooked pasta
Pumpkin Chicken Alfredo Recipe