How to cook salmon patties
How to cook salmon patties with roasted salmon
Remix that leftover oven-roasted salmon into these delicious salmon patties. WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW for the step by step process. I made a double batch in the video.
Here’s a link to the OVEN ROASTED SALMON recipe
I grew up eating salmon patties made with canned salmon and I still love them. That’s the way my mom makes them and they’re delicious. HERE’S THE RECIPE. Quite a few readers requested a recipe that used fresh roasted salmon so I came up with this. The taste is a bit different but I think they are both delicious.
How to cook Salmon Patties with roasted salmon
- 1/2 cup diced medium onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- canola or grapeseed oil for frying
- 1 pounds of fresh boneless and skinless salmon filet
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 scallions/green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup cracker crumbs I used 30 Keebler Club crackers DIVIDED
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning optional
- Chop the onions and red pepper very small and saute it in 1 tablespoon of oil until they are softened and translucent but not browned, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before continuing with the recipe
- Break the cold roasted salmon into small pieces.
- Mixt the salmon with the eggs, sauteed onions, peppers, scallions, mayonnaise, and 1/2 CUP OF cracker crumbs
- Cook a small salmon cake made of 1 tablespoon of the mixture and taste it for seasoning. Add salt and pepper or some Old Bay seasoning to the mixture if necessary
- Form the salmon mixture into 10 patties
- COAT BOTH SIDES OF THE SALMON PATTIES WITH THE REMAINING CRACKER CRUMBS
- Heat a skillet with 3 tablespoons of oil and cook the salmon cakes in batches 3-4 minutes per side until they become golden brown
- Drain on a rack