Scallion Tea for Colds and Flu relief
Scallion Tea for Colds and Flu Relief
My mom would make this scallion tea for us when we got a case of the sniffles. I wouldn’t recommend this for children under one year old because it contains honey.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS on YouTube
A few cups of this tea and some rest will have you feeling better in no time.
- Honey is great to soothe a sore throat
- Black tea has been found to boost the immune system. Here’s MORE INFORMATION about that study.
- Onions contain quercetin, a flavonoid which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Here’s MORE INFORMATION about quercetin.
- Ginger contains gingerols that may help with the alleviation of nausea, and pain
- Cinnamon has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Lemon has that good old vitamin c
Scallion Tea for Colds and Flu
- 6 cups of water
- 5 scallions chopped
- 1 lemon juice and peel
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 inch piece of ginger sliced
- 4 decaffeinated tea bags
- honey to taste
- Combine the water, scallions, lemon juice and zest, cinnamon sticks and ginger in a pot and bring to a boil
- Let this simmer for 10 minutes then remove from the heat
- Add tea bags and honey, let this steep for 3-4 minutes
- Strain and serve