Spinach Dip Baked Eggs Easter 2020 is Sunday, April 12
Spinach Dip Baked Eggs are the PERFECT Easter recipe! Farm fresh eggs and zesty spinach dip, two great things that make each other GREATER!
Easter Recipes or Brunch Recipes
This recipe for spinach dip eggs is perfect for a vegetarian brunch or even dinner. I load up on the spinach for this recipe, it may be my favorite way to eat greens. Lots of onions, scallions, and garlic are a MUST for this recipe. I love the fresh bite that scallions add to the dish.
Spinach dip is a super popular appetizer at any party but this recipe moves it into a different realm. Toast up some rustic, hearty bread to serve with this for a filling meal. This dish comes together very easily on the stovetop and in the oven, it’s done in just about half an hour.
FIRST, gather your ingredients for this baked eggs recipe
Thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze out as much water as you can (bonus points for using the spinach water in a smoothie or pasta dish). Use a clean kitchen towel to squeeze out the water or just use your hands if you don’t mind the cold.
NEXT, cook the spinach with onions and garlic
Get a sharp knife and chop up the onions, scallions, and garlic for the recipe. Saute the onions, scallions, and garlic in oil. Add the spinach, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to remove any liquid left.
THEN, add softened cream cheese to the spinach
Mix the softened cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses into the spinach. Use the back of a wooden spoon to make sure the cream cheese gets well incorporated into the spinach mixture. Taste for salt at this point and add some if necessary. The parmesan cheese may have enough salt for the whole dish. If you like for the mixture to be a little more creamy you can add a splash of cream or half and half, that’s optional but I like mine THICK.
FINALLY, grab some eggs for your baked eggs with spinach
Make six indentations in the spinach mixture with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each indentation. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the egg whites are set.
Learn more about safe cooking temperatures for eggs from this USDA website
SERVE the Spinach Dip Baked Eggs
Serve with toasted bread and ENJOY this baked eggs recipe for breakfast or brunch!
Spinach Dip Baked Eggs
- 24-28 ounces of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 onion
- 4-5 scallions
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite toast
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream optional
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze the water out
- Chop the onion and scallions and saute them in oil until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Chop the garlic and stir it into the pan with the onions for about 1 minute
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper and lemon juice and saute for 5 minutes more
- Stir in the cheeses and optional heavy cream then cook until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes
- Turn the heat off
- With the back of a spoon, make 6 indentations in the spinach and crack an egg into each
- Place the skillet into the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Serve with toast