WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE ALCOHOL UNTIL 12:30 PM IN GEORGIA RESTAURANTS WITH SUNDAY BRUNCH (YET) BUT YOU CAN HAVE BEER IN YOUR WAFFLES IF YOU MAKE THIS PUMPKIN ALE WAFFLES RECIPE
BTW here’s a link to a petition to allow Georgia restaurant alcohol sales beginning at 10:30 am on Sundays http://mobilize4change.org/exGO4cm Let’s get that rule changed, its cramping our styles
Use your favorite pumpkin ale or Fall seasonal beer to reinforce the pumpkin flavor and spices in this recipe. The bubbles in your beer become trapped in the batter and make your waffles light and fluffy.
If you don’t care for pumpkin feel free to substitute the same amount of mashed sweet potato for the pumpkin in this recipe, that would be delicious!
This pumpkin ale waffles recipe goes great with my Crispy Chicken Thighs with Sorghum Hot Sauce Syrup. Wouldn’t that be FANTASTIC for Sunday Brunch?! That recipe is coming ASAP, stay tuned. This would also be delicious with your favorite chili recipe….For a walk on the sweet side serve these with some ice cream, chocolate syrup and marshmallow fluff MMMMM wouldn’t that be the most amazing waffle sundae?!?! Darn, I’ve made myself hungry now.
What do you serve with your favorite waffle recipe
#SundayBrunch Pumpkin Ale Waffles
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk whole or 2%
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup pumpkin beer
- In a large bowl mix pumpkin puree, brown sugar and eggs until smooth and combined
- Stir in flour, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Mix the milk, lemon juice and beer into the batter
- Cook in your waffle iron according to the guidelines of your waffle iron