Kimchi and Shrimp stir fry
Keto friendly Kimchi and Shrimp stir fry with low carb Shirataki noodles
Since I’ve been on this low carbohydrate/high fat keto diet I have been craving noodles. Thankfully super low carb shirataki noodles are available to save the day. I’ve used these noodles before in my recipe for Garlicky Greens and Shirataki noodles
as well as my recipe for Instant Pot, low carb beef noodle soup.
Feel free to substitute your favorite noodle if you like, rice noodles, as well as wheat noodles, work well in this recipe. You can even use whole wheat spaghetti in a pinch.
Check the label on your kimchi to be sure it has no sugar added.
When I used these shirataki noodles previously I just drained them (they come packed in liquid) rinsed them and added them to my dish. Recently I read that tossing the noodles in a dry, non-stick skillet helps the texture become chewier. I gave it a try but I didn’t really find the extra step necessary.
I demonstrated this on my Instagram Insta-story…are you following me on Instagram? I post lots of great behind the scenes info there.
Here’s an Amazon affiliate link if you would like to order the noodles, you may have trouble finding these in your local grocery store
Kimchi and Shrimp stir fry with low carb Shirataki noodles
- 3 packages of shirataki "Miracle noodles"
- 6 ounces of thick bacon cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 12 ounces of peeled and deveined shrimp patted dry
- 12 ounces of boc choy or spinach
- 1 cup kimchi
- Rinse and drain shirataki noodles
- THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL heat the noodles in a dry nonstick skillet for 10 minutes on medium heat, tossing occasionally.
- In another pan, while the shirataki noodles are toasting, cook the bacon until crisp and the fat renders.
- Toss in the shrimp and vegetables and cook until the shrimp has curled and turned pink, about 4-5 minutes
- Add in shirataki noodles and serve