Hello Sweeties! Valentine’s day is almost here and YouTube Sensation and host of Laura in the Kitchen is here to help us celebrate. I had the pleasure of chatting with Laura last week about Valentine’s Day and she shared some wonderful stories and recipes with me.
Laura, born and raised in Italy, moved to the U.S. when she was twelve. I asked Laura how Valentine’s Day was celebrated differently in Italy than it is here. Laura answers that in Italy “Every dinner was a celebration” and that dinner was a time to connect with family. A few special touches were added for the holiday like a nice dessert and a bottle of Champagne for the adults.
For Valentine’s Day dinner, or any date night dinner, you want to make something that you and your honey both enjoy. I asked Laura to tell me about the one dish that she makes that her husband can’t live without. “I like to think that everything I make he can’t live with out.” Laura laughs. Then she shares this fantastic Lemon and Butter Roasted Chicken recipe (below) that her husband LOVES! I made it for dinner recently and my husband loves it as well. I mean, with ingredients like butter, white wine and fresh lemon juice how can you go wrong? The answer is YOU CAN’T!
I’m serving the Lemon and Butter Roast Chicken and Rosemary Potatoes with my Roasted Broccoli recipe and my delicious Dulce De Leche Dark Chocolate Fudge for dessert .
You can watch my full interview with Laura Vitale below (well, you can watch Laura but you can only listen to me, I’m on the phone). ENJOY!
Laura Vitale Celebrates Valentine's Day with @sweetsavant
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Seasoned Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 8 Skin-On Bone-In Chicken Thighs a little less than 2lb total
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of White Wine I use Pinot Grigio
- 3/4 cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 3 ” Sprig of Rosemary needles stripped from the stem and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
- 1/2 of a 32 oz bag of Alexia Roasted Tri-Cut Potatoes with Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Position one oven rack in the lower third of the oven and the other in the center.
- Season both sides of the chicken well with seasoned salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Preheat an oven proof skillet over medium high heat, add the oil and allow it to get nice and hot, add the chicken, skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until it develops some good deep golden brown color. Discard any oil from the pan.To the same skillet over medium heat, add the butter and allow it to melt, add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine, allow it to reduce by half, this will take about 30 seconds, add the lemon juice, chicken stock and rosemary and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce (skin side up) and pop it all in the oven on the middle rack. Roast for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Scatter the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer, and pop them in the oven on the lower rack. Roast alongside the chicken giving them a toss every 10 minutes to insure even cooking. Ten minutes after you put them in, sprinkle some rosemary over top (doing this at this point helps the rosemary adhere to the potatoes) and continue roasting.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, scatter over some parsley and serve alongside the roasted potatoes
Stacie @ Divine LifestyleFebruary 15, 2015 at 6:06 pm (8 years ago)
What a lovely meal! It looks so delicious. I think I’ll make this for my and my husband’s next date night. Thanks!Reply
Mary O'MalleyFebruary 14, 2015 at 7:55 am (8 years ago)
That looks so good! I absolutely love chicken recipes.Reply
Shannon GosneyFebruary 13, 2015 at 9:32 pm (8 years ago)
That sounds like a really yummy meal! Thanks for sharing.Reply
Tracy @ Ascending ButterflyFebruary 13, 2015 at 8:05 pm (8 years ago)
Looks yummy! However this single girl in the city is going OUT! 🙂Reply
Demetra OvertonFebruary 13, 2015 at 9:53 pm (8 years ago)
I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous night out, Tracy. ENJOY!
Debbie L.February 13, 2015 at 4:08 pm (8 years ago)
The meal looks lovely. What a great way to celebrate Valentine’s DayReply
melisasourceFebruary 13, 2015 at 9:28 am (8 years ago)
Oh wow what an awesome meal! Perfect for Valentine’s Day in!Reply
KiwiFebruary 13, 2015 at 4:39 am (8 years ago)
I would love a Vday In! I have people I am dating but not enough to have an inhouse meal like this…but this presentation is awesome!Reply
Danielle BishopFebruary 13, 2015 at 4:22 am (8 years ago)
That meal looks delishes! I think ill make that for dinner next week.Reply
Ora Lee GurrFebruary 13, 2015 at 2:25 am (8 years ago)
The broccoli looks so scrumptious! Thanks for sharing these great recipes and some exciting facts about Valentine’s Day in Italy.Reply
christina alipertiFebruary 13, 2015 at 1:19 am (8 years ago)
Your menu sounds perfect! I will be trying this recipe soon. I need something new to do with chicken, because we are getting bored.Reply
AngelaFebruary 13, 2015 at 1:11 am (8 years ago)
I love the simple elegance of roast chicken. Great meal!Reply
DonnaFebruary 13, 2015 at 12:39 am (8 years ago)
This sounds like something I would love. I love roasted chicken and butter makes everything better. 🙂 Plus citrus fruits really liven up any dish.Reply
Jess WeaverFebruary 12, 2015 at 10:58 pm (8 years ago)
That Chicken looks so yummy! Adding this to my recipe stash!Reply
MelissaFebruary 12, 2015 at 7:31 pm (8 years ago)
What a delicious spread! That’s a good Valentine’s Day!Reply
JeanineFebruary 12, 2015 at 7:28 pm (8 years ago)
The chicken sounds amazing! I will for sure have to save this for trying! YumReply
RoseyFebruary 12, 2015 at 6:34 pm (8 years ago)
hmm I bet my husband would like the lemon and butter roasted chicken. I’m headed over to pull it up now. 🙂Reply
RoseyFebruary 12, 2015 at 6:35 pm (8 years ago)
Oh duh. It’s right there, lol. That’s funny I was trying to click the link. 🙂
AngelaFebruary 12, 2015 at 5:02 pm (8 years ago)
This looks SO good and sets a great mood for romance. Love it!Reply
ChristieFebruary 12, 2015 at 4:44 pm (8 years ago)
This definitely looks like a romantic meal! I love the idea of staying in for Valentine’s DayReply
TracieFebruary 12, 2015 at 2:53 am (8 years ago)
Mmm! That looks so yummy. I would love to stay in on Valentine’s Day and eat that dinner.Reply
DawnFebruary 12, 2015 at 2:25 am (8 years ago)
Lemon and butter roast chicken sounds AMAZING! My husband and I were just looking for a new dinner recipe!Reply
Debbie DennyFebruary 12, 2015 at 1:56 am (8 years ago)
That chicken looks awesome. Would make a great dinner.Reply
DebraFebruary 12, 2015 at 1:42 am (8 years ago)
The Hubs and I take turns making Valentine’s Day meals for us. This is my year – and this chicken dish looks like a great choice!Reply
Aimee FauciFebruary 12, 2015 at 12:27 am (8 years ago)
What a beautiful tablescape. The food looks so good. I’d love to have that on my dinner table.Reply
Liz MaysFebruary 12, 2015 at 12:06 am (8 years ago)
She seems like a really nice person! It was interesting hearing about Valentine’s Day in Italy!Reply
ViviFebruary 11, 2015 at 11:39 pm (8 years ago)
I am salivating over here. Lemon and Butter Chicken? *Homer voice* Hmmmm…Reply
Demetra OvertonFebruary 12, 2015 at 1:30 am (8 years ago)
It is SO GOOD, Vivi! The sauce is light but very flavorful, I just wanted to lick it off of my fingers!
PamFebruary 11, 2015 at 10:13 pm (8 years ago)
Those chicken thighs sound so good right now! I always find the best recipes when I’m already hungry!Reply
T. EspinozaFebruary 11, 2015 at 8:47 pm (8 years ago)
Love it! That chicken looks soooo good right now! I’m definitely bookmarking this. Your interview with Laura was super cute. I LOL’d when she said she’d sleep on the floor until her kitchen was set up 🙂Reply
Robin (Masshole Mommy)February 11, 2015 at 8:07 pm (8 years ago)
That sounds like my kind of meal. I am definitley trying this.Reply