Hello Sweeties! Valentine’s day is almost here and YouTube Sensation and host of Laura in the Kitchen is here to help us celebrate. I had the pleasure of chatting with Laura last week about Valentine’s Day and she shared some wonderful stories and recipes with me.
Laura, born and raised in Italy, moved to the U.S. when she was twelve. I asked Laura how Valentine’s Day was celebrated differently in Italy than it is here. Laura answers that in Italy “Every dinner was a celebration” and that dinner was a time to connect with family. A few special touches were added for the holiday like a nice dessert and a bottle of Champagne for the adults.
For Valentine’s Day dinner, or any date night dinner, you want to make something that you and your honey both enjoy. I asked Laura to tell me about the one dish that she makes that her husband can’t live without. “I like to think that everything I make he can’t live with out.” Laura laughs. Then she shares this fantastic Lemon and Butter Roasted Chicken recipe (below) that her husband LOVES! I made it for dinner recently and my husband loves it as well. I mean, with ingredients like butter, white wine and fresh lemon juice how can you go wrong? The answer is YOU CAN’T!
I’m serving the Lemon and Butter Roast Chicken and Rosemary Potatoes with my Roasted Broccoli recipe and my delicious Dulce De Leche Dark Chocolate Fudge for dessert .
You can watch my full interview with Laura Vitale below (well, you can watch Laura but you can only listen to me, I’m on the phone). ENJOY!
Laura Vitale Celebrates Valentine's Day with @sweetsavant
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Seasoned Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 8 Skin-On Bone-In Chicken Thighs a little less than 2lb total
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of White Wine I use Pinot Grigio
- 3/4 cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 3 ” Sprig of Rosemary needles stripped from the stem and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
- 1/2 of a 32 oz bag of Alexia Roasted Tri-Cut Potatoes with Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Position one oven rack in the lower third of the oven and the other in the center.
- Season both sides of the chicken well with seasoned salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Preheat an oven proof skillet over medium high heat, add the oil and allow it to get nice and hot, add the chicken, skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until it develops some good deep golden brown color. Discard any oil from the pan.To the same skillet over medium heat, add the butter and allow it to melt, add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine, allow it to reduce by half, this will take about 30 seconds, add the lemon juice, chicken stock and rosemary and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce (skin side up) and pop it all in the oven on the middle rack. Roast for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Scatter the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer, and pop them in the oven on the lower rack. Roast alongside the chicken giving them a toss every 10 minutes to insure even cooking. Ten minutes after you put them in, sprinkle some rosemary over top (doing this at this point helps the rosemary adhere to the potatoes) and continue roasting.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, scatter over some parsley and serve alongside the roasted potatoes