Sweet Savant #SkilletSupper - Chicken, Sausage and Potato Dinner #recipe
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 Chicken cut into serving pieces 2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 wings, each breast cut in half
- Seasoning blend salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika to taste
- 5 Italian sausages pork, turkey or chicken
- 20-24 ounce package of baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 pound of green beans fresh or frozen
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- On the stove top pour vegetable oil to a large wide pan and heat over a medium/high flame. Brown the chicken pieces in the hot oil on both sides and remove for the pan. Add sausages and potatoes to the pan and brown on all sides. Add chopped onion and saute in the oil. Add the garlic to the pan then pour in the chicken stock.
- Return the chicken, skin side up, to the pan on top of the sausages and potatoes. The skin of the chicken should be above the liquid in the pan so it will become crispy while cooking
- You can add the green beans now if you like them well cooked (which I do)n or you can add them on top of everything during the last 10 minutes of cooking if you would like them to retain a crisp texture.. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer then place the pan in the oven uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is done.