I’ve got a fantastic LIGHT and TASTY recipe for you today! Shirataki Noodle Shrimp Pad Thai Low Calorie Low Carb Gluten Free and DELICIOUS! Each serving weighs in at about 250 calories! This recipe makes it easy to cut the calories by using shirataki noodles instead of rice noodles. There are several brands of shirataki noodles, some made with tofu and some made from konjac yam.
Shirataki noodles have a chewy texture but they don’t have much flavor of their own allowing you to flavor them how ever you like. I’ve used them in this Garlic and Greens Shirataki Noodle recipe as well as this Shirataki Pasta Carbonara recipe.
My favorite shirataki noodles are angel hair made by Miracle Noodle. I used to buy them from my local grocery store but they no longer carry them. They’re available for purchase on Amazon in cases of six.
I’ve also tried Pasta Zero, Nasoya brand’s shirataki noodles which I can find in my local grocery store. I like them as well, they do the job but I prefer the texture of Miracle Noodles to Pasta Zero.
You can make this a gluten free recipe if you like, the noodles are gluten free, just make sure the ingredients for the sauce don’t contain gluten. For the sauce I used unsweetened, natural peanut butter, fish sauce and Thai chili garlic paste. The brand of chili garlic paste I used contains wheat but if you want this to be a gluten free recipe try Thai Kitchen brand red chili paste.
Shirataki Noodle Shrimp Pad Thai
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter with no sugar added
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai chili garlic paste depending on how hot you like it
- hot water up to a tablespoon to thin the sauce if necessary
- FOR THE NOODLES
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces shrimp peeled and de-veined
- Two 8 ounce packages of Shirataki Noodles
- 2 carrots julienned. about 1 cup total
- 2 cups fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 lime
- First make the sauce. Mix the peanut butter, fish sauce and chili paste together adding hot water one teaspoon at a time until the sauce reaches a pour-able consistency. Set the sauce aside at room temperature until ready to use
- FOR THE NOODLES
- Beat the eggs. Heat the canola oil in a skillet and scramble the eggs, remove them from the pan and set aside
- Add the shrimp to the hot pan and stir fry the shrimp for 4-5 minutes until cooked through
- Drain and rinse the Shirataki noodles and add them to the shrimp
- Add the sauce to the shrimp and noodles, toss to coat. Add the scrambled eggs to the pan
- Divide the noodles between 4 plates
- Top each plate with some of the shredded carrots, bean sprouts, scallions and cilantro leaves
- Serve with a wedge of lime
Shirataki Noodle Shrimp Pad Thai Low Calorie Low Carb Gluten FREE