2 Ingredient Pizza Dough Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough Cast Iron Skillet Pizza. Make homemade pizza in just a few short minutes with only two ingredients. It’s unbelievably delicious and easy to make.
Yes, that’s right, 2 ingredient pizza dough. Check out the video below to see how I made it
This is NOT a sponsored post, these are just products I like and use. However, this post does contain affiliate links. If you purchase an item using my affiliate link I get a portion of the proceeds but it doesn’t cost you any additional fee. It’s a win/win, really!
It may not be a traditional yeast pizza dough recipe but it is very tasty and gives you a delicious crispy crust when you make a cast iron skillet pizza. Just self-rising flour and Greek yogurt! That’s all you need for this 2 ingredient pizza dough. It takes very little time to mix the two ingredients. You do have to knead it a little but that only takes 5 or 6 minutes.
First, you grab some self-rising flour.
Yes, I know that technically self-rising flour is more than one ingredient because it has salt and leaveners in it but since you just grab one thing when you go to the store we’re going to count it as one ingredient. This is similar to my 4-ingredient berries and cream scone dough also using self-rising flour. This cuts down measuring out salt, baking powder, or baking soda in a recipe saving you a bit of time.
Next, add some Greek yogurt
When I told my husband that the pizza dough was made with Greek yogurt he gave me the most severe side eye. He hates yogurt which is why I didn’t tell him there was yogurt in the dough until after he finished two or three slices. I use 2% Greek yogurt but full fat and nonfat Greek yogurt will work as well.
Make a cast iron skillet pizza!
Drizzle a little oil in your cast iron skillet and place your rolled out pizza crust inside. Top your pizza dough with tomato sauce, your favorite cheeses, veggies and meats and you’re good to go. Heat the pizza on top of the stove for three or four minutes to get the bottom crust crispy then place it in a preheated 450 degree oven to cook the dough through. Turn the broiler on and cook the dough under the broiler for just a minute or two so the top of the crust can get brow. Watch it closely, the dough can burn quickly under the broiler.
This recipe makes two 12 inch cast iron skillet pizzas or one 12 inch and two 10 inch cast iron skillet pizzas.
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough
- 2 cups self-rising flour plus about 1/4 cup more for kneading and rolling
- 1 and 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix the flour and the Greek yogurt together well in a bowl.
- Put a bit of flour on the counter and knead the dough for about 5 or 6 minutes until you get a smooth ball.
- Cut the dough into two or three pieces depending on how many pizzas you're making. Roll out your dough into a circle large enough to fit in your cast iron skillet.
- Brush your cast iron skillet with a little oil and place your pizza dough inside
- Add your favorite pizza toppings then turn the heat on and cook the pizza dough for 3 or 4 minutes over medium Heat.
- Place the pizza into the oven and let the dough cook for 3 or 4 minutes
- Turn on the broiler and brown the top of the pizza for another minute or two. Please watch it closely because it can burn quickly.