THANKS TO BESO DEL SOL SANGRIA FOR SENDING SOME DELICIOUS SANGRIA TO TRY. SANGRIA GRANITA-IT’S KIND OF LIKE A SANGRIA SNOW CONE. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FREEZE AND STIR. HERE’S AN EASY NO COOK, FAT FREE DESSERT RECIPE
Summer is winding down, the evenings in Georgia have cooled off a bit making it the perfect time for outdoor entertaining. Nothing too wild. Just chillin’ on the front porch with a little music, some SANGRIA GRANITA and a few friends.
This sangria granita recipe is super easy to make and DELICIOUS. Just pour the sangria into a metal pan (you can use a glass or plastic pan but metal will get cold faster) freeze the mixture and occasionally scrape and stir it with a fork. That’s it! Serve it along with some charcuterie, maybe some toasted baguette slices and cheese and you’re going to have a great night.
I used a pre-made red sangria from Beso Del Sol that contains 8.5% alcohol. It’s blend of Spanish tempranillo wine and fresh fruit deliver a sweet, refreshing punch. It’s bag in box packaging keeps the wine fresh allowing you to enjoy the wine a glass at a time for several weeks. Each box is equivalent to 4 bottles of wine so you’ll have enough for this recipe with plenty left for you and your friends to sip.
Add lots of fruit when you serve the sangria granita-sliced mango, orange segments, fresh berries. At this point its almost a healthy dessert! LOL, OK maybe not healthy but not so bad at all.
Easy No Cook Dessert Recipe-Sangria Granita
- 4 cups pre-made sangria I used Beso Del Sol
- Fresh fruit of your choice I used peaches, blackberries, blueberries and oranges
- Pour the pre-made sangria into a shallow, flat bottomed container. A metal container will freeze the mixture faster than a glass or plastic container of the same size
- Put the container in the freezer
- After an hour scrape the frozen or mostly frozen sangria with a metal fork and mix it around. Return the pan to the freezer
- Continue to scrape and stir every 30 minutes or so for 4 hours
- Scoop the sangria granita into a glass or bowl and add fruit
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 2 days
Marquita C.November 13, 2015 at 7:07 pm (7 years ago)
This would be great to have for a girls night!Reply
Demetra OvertonNovember 13, 2015 at 8:16 pm (7 years ago)
I agree Marquita. I think this would be fantastic for a girls night!
Linda CarmcialAugust 31, 2015 at 9:30 pm (8 years ago)
So simple! Love it! I’m a frozen kind of gal, so this is perfect for me. I’ll have to try it your way too.Reply
Demetra OvertonAugust 31, 2015 at 9:53 pm (8 years ago)
Thanks Linda! This is such a great frozen treat, perfect for a relaxing evening outside