These pork and shrimp meatballs are a low carb LIFESAVER!
Ground pork and minced shrimp combine to make a tasty appetizer and are fantastic in soup!
Start with shrimp
Start with shrimp and chop them by hand, a food processor will turn them to mush…and you don’t want that. Chop some scallions and mix this with ground pork, and egg white, and spices for an easy treat.
Form the pork and shrimp meatballs
Form the meatballs with wet hands and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper to keep them from sticking. Roast the meatballs until they a browned and cooked through, then serve as an appetizer or in soup.
I love these tasty pork and shrimp meatballs in my cabbage soup (GET THE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE HERE) or as a tasty party appetizer. You could even stuff the meatball mixture into a wonton and steam or fry them. Serve with a little sweet chili sauce and you’re good to go.
Pork and shrimp meatballs
- 12 ounces of shrimp
- 3 scallions
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 egg white
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 °
- With a knife, mince the shrimp into small bits
- Chop the scallions
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined
- FORM THE MEATBALLS
- Get a bowl of water to wet your hands
- With damp hands, form the mixture into 15 meatballs (you can make the meatballs smaller if you like, just cook them for less time) and place them on a rimmed sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- Roast the meatballs for 22-25 minutes until browned and cooked through