This slow cooker pulled pork recipe is perfect for game day or any day. Rub a pork butt with the spices in this recipe (or use this Taco Seasoning recipe from ‘Really, are you Serious‘ that would be really tasty) , put it in your slow cooker in the morning and by game time it will be meltingly tender and delicious. As the pork cooks its juices combine with tomato paste, red wine vinegar and chicken broth to create a savory sauce. If you like it sweet and tangy, add some barbecue sauce.
You can cook the pork butt in a Dutch oven in a low 325 degree oven for about 5 hours if you don’t want to use a slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork #Recipe #Superbowl
- SPICE RUB
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- One 6-8 pound pork butt
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 red onion sliced
- Combine the spices and set aside.
- Pierce the pork butt all over with a knife
- Rub the spices all over the pork butt and into the slits you cut
- Place the pork butt into the slow cooker
- Combine the tomato sauce, red wine vinegar and chicken broth and our over the pork butt.
- Add the sliced onions
- Cook on high for 7-8 hours.
- When the pork butt is done remove the bone and shred the meat